Monday, April 13, 2009

Now that the excitement of starting my own blog has worn off a little bit I'd like to use this opportunity to talk about a subject that I've been becoming more concerned about recently. The Environment. The more I think about it, the more I worry that if we don't do something about our wasteful ways then there won't be any way of fixing it.

I'm currently reading "Hot, Flat, and Crowded" by Thomas L. Friedman. I highly suggest you find it and read it for yourself.
I've also read recently "The Green Collar Economy" by Van Jones. It is an awesome book that shows you the possibilities of what could transpire in America if we had a full-blown "New Deal" style push towards becoming a more environmentally sound nation. I also highly suggest you read it as well. After reading it I felt, in a sense, empty that the U.S. hasn't made a stronger push towards being more oil independent among other things. This nation has so much potential to set the standard to the rest of the world yet it sits wasted.

This "green" bug I have is a start and I really want to see it grow throughout my life. I already recycle paper, plastics, etc. when possible but that's just not enough. I will do more and I'll definitely blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment