Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fraternity

So being in a fraternity has been really great to me. I went against what my parents were telling me about them and all the stereotypes I heard about them and found one that is so awesome! I pledged to Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America back in Fall 2000 and haven't regretted that decision. It has been one of the staples in my life since then and helps me push forward. Once a Sinfonian, Always a Sinfonian will always be true to me.

My chapter means the world to me in allowing me to stay active after graduating college. I still have the feeling of being wanted or needed by them. Even if I didn't have that feeling I'd still show up to meetings and events just because I have that privilege. Not only is it a privilege but I feel it to be a responsibility as a Sinfonian to remain active after college. "Work for Sinfonia and Sinfonia will work for you. Live for Sinfonia and Sinfonia with live for you." The more I put in to this fraternity the more I see coming back my way. It's not always noticeable at first but after it's given back to you and you realize it it makes it that much better.

This fraternity has changed my parents' opinion about fraternities even if it is ever so slight a change. I think I would have hardened their opinion had I joined any other fraternity. So I'm happy about that and I just wanted to share that on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment